- Portland feels like a very “homey” city. The architecture is very old and classic, so it feels like a city with some history.
- It’s relatively close to both Seattle, and Vancouver. I wouldn’t necessarily want to spend much time in either of those places- Seattle because of the rain, and Vancouver because it’s in Canada- but to get away for a bit, its nice to have those options.
- There’s a little place called Lan Su Chinese Garden which feels like an authentic Chinese garden. There’s a story to the garden, and I don’t want to spoil it, so definitely go and check that out!
- Powell’s Book Store is another must see in my book… Pun intended! You may be thinking, why would I want to go see a book store, but this particular one is literally a whole block long and they sell both new and used books. I’ve seen people spend extremely long periods of time in there, and it’s a good place to meet new book-worms.
- Something I have to mention because we are a brewing company, Portland is definitely known for its craft beers. You can do a walking tour of all of the breweries in Portland, which I highly recommend you do if you want to taste some wicked cool beers. (Shameless plug: come to NCBRewing on your tour 🙂 )
I can go on and on about my time in Portland so far, but I don’t want to bore any of you. Point is, we are happy here, and will be here for a long time. Oh, and come check out our brewery 🙂